Monday, November 15, 2010

All-Natural Product Of The Week: St. Ive's Body Wash

I have had a love affair with St. Ive's Creamy Vanilla Body Wash since I was in high school and am so impressed that this company has evolved with the times and now produces this product without endocrine-disrupting parabens and phthalates. Moreover, it's retained its fabulously subtle vanilla scent and does the job of moisturizing and cleansing at the same time. In an ample-sized 18-ounce bottle for less than $5, this is an absolute steal. My only gripe is they no longer make a companion body lotion!

Where there's good news, there's more: St. Ive's Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash is even more emollient and incredibly soothing. I discovered this body wash last year when my eczema acted up in the fall and I couldn't justify spending twice as much on Aveeno's Active Naturals Body Wash when they have roughly the same ingredients and Aveeno products have never really done the trick for me. With regular use, this cleared up the itchy red patches in no time and kept my skin calm throughout the winter. I haven't tried the body lotion, but based on a few reviews I've seen, it's the body wash bomb. As soon as my vanilla wash runs out, I'll be picking up a bottle of Oatmeal & Shea butter to get me through the winter, and a bottle of that lotion, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment